Saturday, February 02, 2008

When picking colors for your home - sometimes it's easier to let nature do all the work


Nature has one of the craziest palettes I can think of. Where else do you have a red, blue, and black color scheme that looks so good. In this picture you can see how a really light blue of the sky looks beautiful with the cherry red maple leafs. So you could use the blue for your main walls and have a red feature - or you could have a red room with blue accents. The truck of the tree looks almost black in this photo - this could be your trim!


I know that technically a fence is part of nature - but it is made out of wood and it proofs a really good point here. The fence is a really dark almost purple brown - the leaves are a beautiful mixture of bright and medium greens - and they look great next to the brown. This is a great scheme for kids rooms - hear me out...

Kids love being warm and cozy and they love bright colors. Well bright colors don't usually evoke warm and cozy but you can mix them together to get both effects. Dark brown walls and bright green accents! For little girls - dark brown or burgundy walls and pink accents - it's awesome!

This picture again proofs that nature knows what it's doing. It's not afraid to put colors together! Bright blue and a yellow green - gorgeous. This about what a beautiful bathroom this would make!

This important thing to remember when picking out paint colors is that it's just paint - it's cheap and fairly easy to apply. Don't be afraid to do something bold because you're worried you won't like it - if you don't - you can just paint over it.

I always tell my husband that I'll put it up and if he doesn't like it I'll take it down (this has yet to happen). I'll pick a crazy color scheme and he'll look at me like I'm crazy - but once it's up I yet again proof why I'm the color expert.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home